As part of our Self-Build stories pop-up in the Winter Gardens this January, we held an event called “Home Truths” – a discussion on self-build. We assembled a collection of architects, engineers, builders, planners and clients who were on hand to talk about and ask questions of members of the public who came along to talk all things self-build. Here are our notes of what we discussed and the ideas, hints and tips that were raised…..we hope it’s useful!
Thanks to everyone who attended and contributed to Home Truths – We hope the event was useful to everyone who attended and to you the reader.
If you have any more questions please do get in touch!
LIST OF CONTACTS FROM ATTENDEES:
• Thread Architects – www.threadarchitects.co.uk (Rachel Haynes & Andy Thomas)
• Birkett Cole Lowe Architects – http://www.birkettcolelowe.co.uk/ (Anya Sutton)
• Custom Built – http://custombuiltltd.co.uk/ (Pete Shipston)
• Hemp-Lime Construct – http://www.ukhempcrete.com/ (Alex Sparrow)
• Sheffield City Council – https://www.sheffield.gov.uk/in-your-area/housing-services/private-sector-housing/custom-build-housing.html
• Sheffield Cohousing Network – https://sheffieldcohonetwork.wordpress.com/