Thread Architects are looking to recruit an enthusiastic RIBA Part II architecture student to join our small studio in Sheffield.
The role will involve working on a wide range of projects, from running small residential projects to supporting lead architects on larger residential, commercial and community schemes. Our projects currently include small interventions into existing homes, extensions, renovations and conservation of existing buildings, new build bespoke homes, a community centre, library and small commercial schemes. Across our schemes we explore a range of sustainable and traditional building methods, including masonry, timber frame, SIP’s and straw bale constructions. We work on projects at all stages, from initial surveys and feasibility studies, through planning, building control and site supervision through to completion of the projects. As a small practice, the role may also involve some office and practice management. The successful candidate would get a wide range of experience of both project and practice running, and be encouraged to develop their skills whilst also becoming part of the team.
What we’re looking for…
- A post-graduate student with RIBA Part II qualification expected.
- Strong people skills, to work both as part of the team on design projects and able to present well to design teams and clients.
- Excellent drawing and design skills.
- Excellent visual communication skills, both manual and computer. Proficient in 2D Autocad, Photoshop, In-design, computer visualisations and physical model making.
- Self-motivated and flexible – Able to work independently and lead projects.
- Good time-management skills.
- A passion for good design, sustainable and alternative building materials and sustainability.
- Skills in working in other areas of the built environment, such as Planning, Urban Design, Interior design or landscape design.
- Full UK drivers license.
Start date: May/June 2017.
Location: Kelham Island, Sheffield
If you are interested in applying for the please email a copy of your CV along with examples of your work to email@example.com . Please ensure emails and attachments are no larger than 5MB.
Closing date for applications: Tuesday 18th April 2017.